An SEO strategy helps attract more traffic which means more customers, leads, and profits. 23.6% of eCommerce orders get connected to organic traffic. It is an excellent opportunity to show up higher in search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others. It is about getting your site familiar with the search engines so that people will find you easier when looking for what you have to offer.
Shopping online is convenient. It's simple to find what you need and deliver it to your door. Let's dive into how you can optimize your eCommerce site and how using 3PL logistics providers can boost business.
Keyword Research Strategies
Keywords are single words or phrases typed into the search bar on Google and other search engines. Search engines use keywords to match you with searchers, so they're critical to your eCommerce marketing strategy.
Keywords can be short or long, general or specific. But however you choose to use them, your keywords must be relevant to what your business sells and offers.
How do you select the right keywords?
- If you know what your competitors are ranking for, an excellent place to start is with their keywords. You can use tools like Ahrefs and SEMRush to find out what keywords they're using and then identify ways you can improve.
- Look at the long-tail keywords, which are typically less competitive and easier to rank.
Use Internal Linking
Instead of linking to your homepage or product listing repeatedly, link back to other pages within your website. It helps:
- Improve your rankings because it tells search engines that your website is robust and that there's more information for customers.
- Improve customer experience by giving them a chance to learn about and engage with other products and services you offer.
- Search engines crawl your website, understand the relationships between pages, and index them accordingly.
Use breadcrumbs on your site so that users can easily see how they got to a specific page and navigate back to where they started.
The way you organize your content can make all the difference in search engine optimization (SEO) and performance in general. It could even be the thing that gets you that next sale.
Here are some tips for getting to know how Google crawls your eCommerce site and telling them what they need to know to help them make your site as search-friendly as possible.
- Create an XML Sitemap, then Submit It
- Audit your website for duplicate content.
- Ensure that your pages load quickly and mobile-friendly.
Post Quality Content
Blogging helps boost SEO, ranking higher in Google searches, and getting more traffic to your site. If someone is searching for something specific on your site, they're more likely to find what they're looking for in an optimized eCommerce search function than in a non-optimized one.
Putting out quality content through your blog is essential for an effective SEO strategy. The key here is quality, not quantity; don't just put out any old stuff to have something there.
On-page SEO optimizes individual web pages to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines. On-page refers to both the content and HTML source code of a page that gets optimized instead of off-page SEO, which refers to links and other external signals.
It involves several considerations, including:
- Use keywords in the title to describe what's on the page
- Use keywords in the meta description to entice people to click through to your site
- Using keywords in headers and subheaders on the page
- Using keywords in the body text of the page
- Ensuring that all images include a description, or alt tag, containing relevant keywords
- Keeping all URLs short and easy to read
How Can 3PL Logistics Providers Help To Upscale Your Business?
It can be hard to keep up with the increased demand when your business grows. That's why many eCommerce businesses turn to 3PL shipping and eCommerce order fulfillment pieces of the business to focus on scaling their company.
But what is a 3PL, and how do you find the right one for you? An eCommerce fulfillment service is a separate entity that handles all or part of your order fulfillment process. It includes everything from warehousing and storing inventory to picking, packing, and shipping orders to your customers using fulfillment systems.
While some larger companies may feel that in-house order fulfillment methods are the best move, partnering with the best fulfillment companies can offer several benefits:
- It lets you concentrate on keeping up with customer demand without worrying about orders.
- Business fulfillment can help you reduce costs. Suppose you're having trouble keeping up with demand or don't have resources for B2B fulfillment. An experienced shipping business can help you save money by streamlining your supply chain using 3PL software solutions.
SEO techniques to optimize your eCommerce site can increase traffic and customer loyalty. Your potential customers will quickly find you when they are ready to buy and devote more time to your website. If you want to learn how to reduce shipping costs with Rakuten Super Logistics, now ShipNetwork while delivering fast and accurate order fulfillment to help grow your online business, check out our free whitepaper: