In celebration of Webgistix' ten years of innovation, we're going to be providing ten tips for online retailers who are considering order fulfillment services from a third party. We'll be releasing one tip a week, so subscribe to our RSS feed to receive the updates.
There are many reasons why you may be considering outsourcing your eCommerce order fulfillment, but the strongest ones are also the most obvious: it can save you a great deal of time, money, and effort, and allow you to focus more resources on growing your business. Outsourcing eCommerce order fulfillment also makes it easier than ever to track and manage inventory, and deliver products to your customers quickly. Finally, it will grant you peace of mind regarding the reliability of your order fulfillment.
Here is a rarely known tip that you should keep in mind to get the most out of your fulfillment provider:
Tip 1: Ask how much information you will have access to.
One of the keys to running an effective operation is knowing what’s going on. Find out just how much information your fulfillment partner’s software and services will provide. Here are a few questions to ask before you outsource eCommerce order fulfillment:
- Will they give you access to real-time inventory information?
- How comprehensive is the inventory information?
- Will they show you how much they charged you for certain services?
- Will they provide the information manually or is the process automated and instant?
- Is the software simple and easy to use?
- Is the software accessible from mobile devices?
- Will you receive an alert if your inventory is running low?
The level of information an outsourcing partner gives you should be considered part of service they provide, so be sure to take that into account before making a decision.Be sure to join Webgistix next week for another tip!